Both the Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts titles will be available on Xbox Game Pass in 2020, Xbox said.
Speaking at a media briefing attended by VGC, Xbox head Phil Spencer said the announcements show the platform holder’s commitment to securing third-party content for Game Pass.
At X019, Spencer also confirmed that Final Fantasy titles, Bethesda’s Rage 2 and CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher 3 will be added to the subscription service.
“The [Game Pass] third-party support globally is amazing and it’s something we know we need to continue to do top-notch work on,” he said.
“[We want] to make sure our Xbox fans have not only great games that Matt [Booty] and his team are bringing to market, but also the third-party games that I know are incredibly important to them.”
- Rare announces Everwild, a “truly original” new IP led by Conker artist
- Obsidian reveals ‘passion project’ survival game Grounded
- Xbox and Dontnod’s new game ‘stars first transgender game hero’
- Xbox to add PS4 controller support with xCloud
- Microsoft announces Xbox Black Friday deals
- Halo: Reach releases for Xbox One and PC on December 3
- 40+ Xbox Games Pass titles revealed including Witcher 3, Final Fantasy franchise
- Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts games are coming to Xbox
- Xbox has ‘more unannounced games than we know what to do with’
- Wasteland 3 release set for May 2020
- Final Fantasy 14 will come to Xbox, says Phil Spencer
- Xbox is ‘shifting focus’ away from studio acquisitions
- Age of Empires 4 premieres first gameplay video