The platform holder says the “annual global celebration of all things Xbox” will be “filled with news, first looks and surprises”, all of which will be livestreamed during a special episode of Inside Xbox starting at 8pm UK / 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 7am AEDT.
The event will be streamed on a variety of platforms including Mixer and YouTube. We’ve embedded the YouTube stream at the top of this page so you’ll be able to watch it live here.
12 Xbox Game Studios titles will be on show, including new first-party game reveals, as will brand new Game Pass titles, according to the platform holder. We can also expect “big” Project xCloud news.
First-party games such as Minecraft Dungeons and Wasteland 3 are also said to be in line to receive release dates.
Microsoft seemingly leaked the Bleeding Edge release date (March 24, 2020), plus beta test dates and pre-order/Game Pass bonuses, on Thursday morning ahead of an official announcement expected at X019.
- Rare announces Everwild, a “truly original” new IP led by Conker artist
- Obsidian reveals ‘passion project’ survival game Grounded
- Xbox and Dontnod’s new game ‘stars first transgender game hero’
- Xbox to add PS4 controller support with xCloud
- Microsoft announces Xbox Black Friday deals
- Halo: Reach releases for Xbox One and PC on December 3
- 40+ Xbox Games Pass titles revealed including Witcher 3, Final Fantasy franchise
- Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts games are coming to Xbox
- Xbox has ‘more unannounced games than we know what to do with’
- Wasteland 3 release set for May 2020
- Final Fantasy 14 will come to Xbox, says Phil Spencer
- Xbox is ‘shifting focus’ away from studio acquisitions
- Age of Empires 4 premieres first gameplay video
VGC understands Rare’s new title is a third-person adventure game still several years away from release, but that Microsoft is keen to showcase first-party content ahead of Xbox Scarlett’s 2020 launch – especially following a significant spend on studio acquisitions.
As well as setting up The Initiative and a new Age of Empires studio, Xbox has acquired the likes of Ninja Theory (Hellblade), Playground (Forza Horizon), Obsidian (Fallout: New Vegas), InXile (Wasteland 3) and Double Fine (Psychonauts 2) over the last few years.
X019 is taking place at the Copper Box Arena in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, London, from November 14-16.
Tickets for Thursday’s Inside Xbox event are priced at £19, as are tickets for morning and afternoon sessions on the following two days.
Microsoft says attendees can expect “world premiere” hands-on gameplay demos, panels from Xbox Game Studio teams, plus developer meet-and-greets and autograph sessions.
Over 24 games will be playable including Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, Battletoads, Bleeding Edge, Cyber Shadow, Doom Eternal, Dragonball Z: Kakarot, Forager, Forza Horizon 4: Lego Speed Champions, Gears 5, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Haven, Levelhead, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Minecraft Dungeons, Phogs!, Project Resistance, Roller Champions, She Dreams Elsewhere, SkateBird, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Streets of Rage 4, The Good Life, Tunic and Wasteland 3.
Microsoft recently announced several limited time Xbox All Access hardware bundles, which let customers pay monthly for a new console and a Game Pass Ultimate subscription, with the option to upgrade to the next generation Xbox, Project Scarlett, following its late 2020 launch.