World of Warcraft’s Shadowlands expansion enters beta next week ahead of fall 2020 release
“You have our commitment… even if we end up shipping it from our homes”
Blizzard has confirmed plans to release World of Warcraft expansion Shadowlands during fall/autumn 2020.
“You have our commitment, we will be releasing Shadowlands this fall even if we end up shipping it from our homes,” World of Warcraft executive producer John Hight said during a live stream on Wednesday.
“I’m pleased to announce that World of Warcraft Shadowlands will officially enter beta next week,” he added.
- Further reading: World of Warcraft Dragonflight release date, beta, news and more | 2022 games
“Beta participants will be able to experience the max level challenges in the Maw, the most dangerous place in the Shadowlands, and one of the most rewarding too.”
Hight also revealed the limited Shadowlands Collector’s Edition, with pre-orders set to go live in the coming days.
Shadowlands Collector’s Edition includes:
- Hardback Art of the Shadowlands book
- Shattered sky mousepad
- Set of 4 collector’s pins featuring the sigils of each Shadowlands covenant
- Shadowlands Collector’s Edition digital soundtrack key
- Epic Edition digital game key, which comes with 30 days of game time and all the in-game extras from the digital Epic Edition:
- Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount
- Anima Wyrmling pet
- Eternal Traveler’s Hearthstone
- Illusion: Wraithchill cosmetic weapon effect
- Shadowlands-level character boost
Shadowlands was revealed during the BlizzCon 2019 opening ceremony, which was also used to announce Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2.
According to the official announcement: “Sylvanas Windrunner, fallen leader of the Horde, has pierced the veil between Azeroth and the realm of the dead, setting in motion a series of events that threatens to upset the cosmic balance between life and death.”
Key features of the expansion include five fresh zones to explore and the introduction of a new levelling system.