Originally named Formula Fusion, Pacer is a spiritual successor to early games in the Wipeout series, with many developers from Psygnosis Leeds working on the game. Psygnosis Leeds created Wip3out, the series’ BAFTA winning instalment.
Developer R8 Games has also secured the services of Wipeout graphic design house Designers Republic, and series composer Tim Wright (aka CoLD SToRAGE).
- Customizable craft – choose from five craft types and customize their look, performance tuning and weaponry
- 4 unique tracks – Each with interchangeable variants (Night, Mirrored, Reverse)
- 8 game modes – Including Elimination, Endurance and Battle Royale inspired ‘Storm’
- Campaign mode – develop from a trainee Pilot and advance through 10 unique race teams
- OST – featuring original tracks created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
- Online – 10 player multiplayer, Online Ranked Mode and Online Tournament/Spectator Mode
The racer originally launched as an Early Access title on Steam in 2015, following a successful crowdunding campaign. After years of iteration, it was eventually rebranded as Pacer and initially dated for 2019.
At launch, Pacer will feature 14 different tracks and five customisable craft, plus original music by CoLD SToRAGE (it’s not clear if the game will also feature licensed music, as previously stated).
Senior Producer Steve Iles said in a statement: “Pacer is the fastest and most explosive game of its kind and we’re super proud as it prepares for the start line.
“Whether you’re into single-player campaign play or inviting all your friends for multiplayer mayhem, it’s all here. Or if you’re daring and like a challenge, try our thrilling Battle Royale inspired mode, ‘Storm’.”