Following the update, which launches on March 30 at 11pm PST/March 31 at 7am UK, the Warzone file size will be cut by as much a 14.2GB, and the Modern Warfare/Warzone file size will be slashed by as much as 33.6GB, depending on the given platform.
“This will come after a larger than usual, one-time update for Season Two Reloaded, which will include these optimizations and is necessary in order to reduce the overall footprint; future patch sizes for Modern Warfare and Warzone are expected to be smaller”, Activision said.
More Call of Duty:
MW2 best loadout | Best Vanguard loadout | Call of Duty Vanguard review | Modern Warfare 2 (2022) details | Best Warzone loadout | Warzone best sniper | Warzone best SMG | Warzone best Stoner 63 | Warzone best AK-47 | Warzone best Bullfrog
After the update, Warzone and Modern Warfare file sizes will be reduced by the following amounts:
- PS5: 10.9GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- PS4: 10.9GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- Xbox Series X/S: 14.2GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- Xbox One: 14.2GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- PC: 11.8GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
Following the launch of Season 2 in February, Activision said the latest versions of Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare and Warzone may be too large to fit on a 500GB PS4.
It said players can free up storage space by deleting data packs as follows:
- Black Ops Cold War: At the main menu, press R3 to go to “File Management.” You will then be able to delete any content you may not have played in a while. The exact content to choose can be found in the Storage Management article linked below.
- Modern Warfare/Warzone: At the main menu, press Options, select the “General” tab, then scroll down to “Game Installs.” From here, you can delete any content you have not played in a while.
The publisher also provided a link to a webpage offering more detailed information on Black Ops Cold War storage management.