If you shop at Walmart regularly or just want the best chance of accessing its most popular products, it might be worth purchasing a Walmart Plus membership.
Launched in September 2020, Walmart Plus includes a mixture of in-store and online perks designed to save customers time and money.
Walmart Plus benefits available since launch include free delivery from Walmart stores, Scan and Go shopping and fuel discounts.
Since then, the service has expanded to include several other perks. In December 2020, Walmart Plus added free shipping from Walmart’s online store, and more recently members were offered access to a Paramount+ Essential Plan at no extra cost.
How much does Walmart Plus cost?
A Walmart Plus membership is priced at $98 per year or $12.95 per month and includes a 30-day free trial period.
Walmart Plus early access benefits aren’t available to free trial members.
What are the Walmart Plus benefits?
- Free delivery from Walmart stores:
- Up to 180,000 items available, including groceries and gadgets. Receive your order as fast as same-day. $35 minimum spend or pay the below order minimum fee of $6.99.
- Free shipping, no order minimum:
- Free next-day and two-day shipping on items shipped by Walmart (excludes oversized and freight items, as well as third-party sellers).
- Scan and Go:
- In stores, members can use the Walmart app to scan their own shopping for a streamlined, contact-free checkout experience with Walmart Pay.
- Fuel discounts:
- Members save up to 10¢ per gallon on fuel at over 14,000 Exxon, Mobil, Walmart and Murphy stations (find participating stations).
- Early access to deals, including Black Friday:
Walmart Black Friday console deals:
Walmart+ members will get a 7-hour head start on Black Friday online deals beginning on November 21 at 9am PT / 12pm ET, including PS5 consoles, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S systems, and Nintendo Switch consoles.
Shoppers without a Walmart+ subscription will get access to its Black Friday offers beginning at 4pm PT / 7pm ET, while the retailer’s in store deals will begin at 6am local time on Black Friday, November 25.
Once they’re available, you should be able to purchase PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Switch consoles through the following links, stock permitting: