7 minutes of Pacer PS4 gameplay has been published on VGC’s YouTube channel.
Pacer – originally named Formula Fusion – is a spiritual successor to early games in the Wipeout series, with many developers from Psygnosis Leeds working on the game. Psygnosis Leeds created Wip3out, the series’ BAFTA winning instalment.
Developer R8 Games has also secured the services of Wipeout graphic design house Designers Republic, and series composer Tim Wright (aka CoLD SToRAGE).
At launch, Pacer will feature 14 different tracks and five customisable craft, plus original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and more.
See the full list of game features below.
- Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play – the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer
- Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats
- Highly customizable: Craft, weapons and cosmetics
- Replay Mode: For capturing and sharing amazing action clips and stills
- Online Ranked Mode: Find out how your piloting skills rate against the best in the world
- Online Tournament/Spectator Mode: For easy streaming and encouraging fun events at all levels
- Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes
- Designers Republic partnership: Graphic designs that influenced a generation in games and music
- OST and SFX: Created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
- In-game VOIP, making in-game chat both easy and fun
- Hosted servers: To level the online playing field and minimize the possibility of cheating