Vampire Survivors will introduce new characters, a fresh stage and additional weapons as part of its first DLC later this month.
It will include eight extra characters, 13 new weapons, six music tracks and the game’s biggest stage yet.
Vampire Survivors is coming to Xbox
Legacy of the Moonspell features:
Eight new characters, including:
- Miang Moonspell – The last disciple of the Moonspell Clan before its downfall, and possibly its finest. Self-consciously a shounen protagonist.
- Menya Moonspell – One of the few surviving Moonspell elders, Menya’s mystical powers are near god-like.
- Syuuto Moonspell – Banished practitioner of the new moon dark magic, Syuuto is nonetheless an enemy of evil. Poor personal hygiene may contribute to his continued exile.
- Babi-Onna – Returned from the dead to seek vengeance on demons and mortals alike, she nonetheless retains her impeccable ability to charm, amuse, and dazzle.
A brand new stage:
- Mt.Moonspell – Our biggest stage yet, a sprawling map featuring several different environments, all with their own challenges and resident monsters!
- This one stage includes an abandoned castle, snow covered mountain, and a yokai infested village, and more besides.
13 new weapons, including:
- Silver Wind – An ancestral force unleashed by the staff of the Moonspell Clan, only those born under the moon can fully wield its power (or whoever finds it in a chest, we’re not sure).
- Four Seasons – A set of orbs which unleash the power of the changing seasons, of death and rebirth.
- Summon Night – A weapon which drips with the darkness of the new moon. Despite the clan’s superstitions, even the shadows can oppose evil.
- Mirage Robe – An enchanted kimono, weaved on a loom from the silk of the earth spider, and imbued with a fragment of Babi-Onna’s vengeful spirit. Besides, it looks fabulous darling.
Vampire Survivors is a roeguelike shoot ’em up originally released in early access in December 2021. It got a full release in October 2022, at which point it was made available for Game Pass on PC, before joining Xbox Game Pass in November.
It has players choosing one of numerous characters, who then automatically attack as the player fights through waves of monsters with the aim being to survive for as long as possible.
Vampire Survivors cost developer Luca Galanta around £1,100 to make, and the initial response was so large that he was able to quit his job in February 2022 to work full-time on the project.