Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Vampire Survivors: Legacy of the Moonspell, the game’s first piece of DLC, is out now.
Released on PC and Xbox today, with the mobile version coming “soon,” the DLC adds eight new characters, 13 new weapons, and a stage that’s 25x bigger than previous stages, according to a press release.
Six new music tracks and new achievements have also been added as part of the paid add-on. It costs $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.59, and the full game is available on Xbox Game Pass.
“A clan has fallen. The Moonspell, once vigilant guardians of a sorcerous valley nestled in the mountains, have been overrun by hordes of yokai and oni,” according to an overview of the story.
“Though treacherous, this hive of spectral activity may provide some clue as to the location of a vampire. If not, at least it’ll be entertaining to defeat thousands of wayward spirits in the process. ”
Four of the new characters have been revealed, with four remaining hidden to be discovered in the game.
- Miang Moonspell – The last disciple of the Moonspell Clan before its downfall, and possibly its finest. Self-consciously a shounen protagonist.
- Menya Moonspell – One of the few surviving Moonspell elders, Menya’s mystical powers are near god-like.
- Syuuto Moonspell – Banished practitioner of the new moon dark magic, Syuuto is nonetheless an enemy of evil. Poor personal hygiene may contribute to his continued exile.
- Babi-Onna – Returned from the dead to seek vengeance on demons and mortals alike, she nonetheless retains her impeccable ability to charm, amuse, and dazzle.
Vampire Survivors Patch 1.2.0 – The Moon One
– added option to toggle maxed power ups
– when treasure chests are skippable, coin-only treasure chests will now just play a quick in-game animation
– treasure chests containing Arcanas have a different colour
– fix for overall kill count breaking on modded/corrupted saves
– fixed infinitely bouncing Carrello
– minor fixes in bestiary
– removed Floor Chicken requirement for Marrabbio
– fixed non-looping music tracks: Castle People and I’m Every Reaper
– added support for DLC
– coffins will now spawn on maps even if you don’t have the Milky Way Map
– pause menu map is now zoomed-in in Moongolow, The Bone Zone, and Mt.Moonspell