Listed below, they include its first major seasonal sale of next year as well as sale events (Fests) that focus on particular game categories.
Also dated is a new Steam Next Fest digital event. These triannual multi-day promotions offer players access to hundreds of PC game demos.
Steam Sales & Fests Schedule
- SHMUP Fest: September 25 – October 2
- Next Fest: October 9 – 16
- Return of Steam Scream Fest (Halloween): October 26 – November 2
- Autumn Sale: November 21 – 28 (major seasonal sale)
- Winter Sale: December 21 – January 4, 2024 (major seasonal sale)
- Capitalism and Economy Fest: January 8 – 15, 2024
- Pirates vs. Ninjas Fest: January 22 – 29, 2024
- Next Fest: February 5 – 12, 2024
- Remote Play Together: February 12 – 19, 2024
- Dinos vs. Robots Fest: February 26 – March 4, 2024
- Spring Sale: March 14 – 21, 2024 (major seasonal sale)
- Deckbuilders Fest: March 25 – April 1, 2024
On Thursday, Embracer Group CEO Lars Wingefors said a new scheme that allows developers to claim 100% of revenue if they agree to make games exclusive to the Epic Games Store for six months will provide healthy competition for Steam.
“At the end of the day, I think it’s good having competition to Steam, because it puts them on their toes to deliver their best experience,” he said.
“Obviously, we would like to pay less fees to platforms. In reality we are paying more fees to platforms than we spend on game development every year, and if you just think about that number, it’s crazy.
“So, there are margins with the platforms that I would preferably have within building more games and some more margins, but I think it’s great that Epic is there trying to build a competitive platform.”