Ubisoft reports cyber security incident but says there’s no evidence player details were compromised
Company is investigating the incident with external experts
Ubisoft has confirmed that it suffered a cyber security incident last week but said it has found no evidence that the personal details of its players have been compromised.
In a statement, the company said the incident temporarily impacted some of its games, systems and services.
It has also decided to reset all company passwords and is working with external professionals to investigate the incident.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök - Launch trailer
“Last week, Ubisoft experienced a cyber security incident that caused temporary disruption to some of our games, systems, and services,” the company said.
“Our IT teams are working with leading external experts to investigate the issue. As a precautionary measure we initiated a company-wide password reset.
“Also, we can confirm that all our games and services are functioning normally and that at this time there is no evidence any player personal information was accessed or exposed as a by-product of this incident.”
Ubisoft released Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Dawn of Ragnarök DLC on Thursday.
Developed by Ubisoft Sofia, the team responsible for Assassin’s Creed Rogue and the Curse of the Pharaohs expansion for Assassin’s Creed Origins, Dawn of Ragnarök will offer some 35 hours of gameplay, according to the company.
It sees players take on the role of Odin, who must venture to the mythical dwarven realm of Svartalfheim on a mission to rescue his son from imprisonment.