Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
On Friday, Ubisoft confirmed on social media that it’s “working to bring the games you own on Stadia to PC” through its Ubisoft Connect platform. “We’ll have more to share regarding specific details as well as the impact for Ubisoft+ subscribers at a later date.”
Meanwhile, Bungie has posted on its support forums that it’s “begun conversations” about next steps for Destiny 2 players on Stadia. “We will announce and send out information regarding Destiny 2 Stadia accounts once we have a plan of action,” it said.
Finally, Hitman developer IO Interactive said it was also looking into the possibility of salvaging player accounts from Stadia.
“To all our HITMAN fans on Google Stadia. We hear you – we are looking into ways for you to continue your HITMAN experience on other platforms,” it said.
Google confirmed it will officially shut down its Stadia game streaming service earlier this week.
In a statement published on Thursday, Stadia’s general manager Phil Harrison admitted that the service hadn’t gained the traction with users that it expected, since launching nearly three years ago.
Google will be refunding all Stadia hardware purchases made through the Google Store, and all game and add-on content purchases made through the Stadia store, Harrison said.
Players will continue to have access to their games library and play through January 18, 2023.
While the death of Stadia mate be unsurprising to some, considering its struggling popularity, social media is full of affected game developers, one of whom was supposed to be launching a game on Stadia this weekend.