Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 reviews have gone live ahead of the game’s release this week.
Developed by Vicarious Visions (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy), the remasters include all the maps and songs from the original games, plus features included in later series entries such as revert, lip tricks and wall plant.
Create-A-Park and Create-A-Skater modes also return alongside original online and local multiplayer game modes.
VGC’s Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 review says “Vicarious Visions has delivered a superb remake of two iconic games without letting modern gaming’s vices get in the way.”
Reviews are generally very positive, with many critics praising Vicarious Visions’ ability to blend what made the original titles so loved with modern updates.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 releases on September 4 for PS4, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store. The game is available to pre-order at Amazon, Best Buy, Game and the Epic Games Store, among other retailers.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 review round-up
- VGC (5/5) – “This is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best way to play two of the best games in an iconic series.”
- Stevivor (8/10) – “If you’re in your 30s, it’s absolutely worth a trip down memory lane. If you were born after the original games were released, give it a crack, even if only for the opportunity to experience some quality video game history.”
- VG247 (5/5) – “Vicarious Visions has proved that Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater was more than just a product of its time, and that – like skating itself – it has every chance of penetrating the mainstream once again.”
- TheSixthAxis (10/10) – “Every inch of the game has been perfectly restored and updated for modern consoles and it’s an absolute delight to play from start to finish. This is a must-buy for skateboarders, gamers and everyone else in between.”
- Gaming Bible (9/10) – “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 is about as good a remaster as we’ve ever had, staying as close to the originals as possible, and only veering off slightly where it spots a chance to improve on the source material.”
- IGN (9/10) – “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 proves that going backwards has been the best step forward for the series in 15 years.”
- GameSpot (9/10) – “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 deftly recreates the original games’ levels while implementing smart additions to the trick system and creating engaging challenges.”
- Destructoid (8/10) – “Blemishes aside, Activision is doing so much right this time beyond just putting Vicarious Visions in charge. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 isn’t going to blow people away, but it preserves the original experience with a few modern conveniences. It’s a win.”
- Polygon (Recommends) – “Everything I love about the original is still here; it’s just a little older, a little kinder, and a lot better looking.”
- The Verge (no score) – “The ideal mix of nostalgia and modern touches.”
- God is a Geek (9/10) – “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 are perfect remasters that remind me fondly of the original, offering excellent gameplay and tons to do. They look great, sound great, and have tons of replayability.”