The Super Mario Bros. Movie will be released physically on June 13 in the United States and Canada.
4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and digital editions of The Super Mario Bros. Movie ‘Power Up Edition’ will be available, featuring over 30 minutes of bonus content, which is listed below.
A co-production between Illumination (Minions, Despicable Me) and Nintendo, The Super Mario Bros. Movie has generated over $1.3 billion at the global box office since its early April release.
It’s the biggest film of 2023 to date, ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, which launched a month after Mario and has grossed almost $782 million, according to Box Office Mojo.
Power Up Edition bonus features
- Getting to Know the Cast – In these short behind-the-scenes pieces we get up close and personal with the stars of the film and learn what they leaned on to inhabit their on-screen persona.
- Leveling Up: Making The Super Mario Bros. Movie – Bringing one of the world’s most beloved video game characters, and the world around him, to life was no easy task! Filmmakers and cast give an in-depth look into the making of the film.
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie Field Guide – Join the cast of The Super Mario Bros. Movie as they take viewers through the various Power-Ups and Bonuses that appear in the film. This immersive video will allow the cast to interact with custom on-screen graphics as they select a Bonus or Power Up specific to their character and then explain what it does, how to use it and its effects.
- “Peaches” Lyric Video – Jack Black is known for his big personality and really no one else could play the part of Bowser, so get ready to sing-along to his big musical number as he serenades Princess Peach.
- Leadership Lessons with Anya Taylor-Joy – Let’s face it: being a princess isn’t easy. Thankfully, we have Anya Taylor-Joy, custom graphics and movie clips to give us Princess Peach’s guide to being an awesome leader. We’ll provide some real-life tips and power-ups that kids of all ages can use in their daily lives.
“For example, sales are growing for Mario related merchandise, and there is a slight rise in activity for classic Mario titles that can be played through Nintendo Switch Online.
“In the long term, we think this will become a powerful touch point, turning people who have never really played games before into fans of Mario and Nintendo, and renewing the interest of people who used to play (on a Nintendo game platform) but are taking a break.”