According to the patch notes, which we’ve republished in full below, the update should address some collision issues players have been able to exploit to gain an unfair advantage.
It also targets an issue with reload animations allowing certain weapons to fire continuously, and an issue causing private lobby hosts to crash.
The update rebalances the Katana too, enabling players to deal more damage with the melee weapon.
The Pacific Launch Trailer | Call of Duty: Vanguard & Warzone
Activision recently delayed the launch of Call of Duty Vanguard and Warzone Pacific Season 2 due to ongoing issues with the games and 2019’s Modern Warfare. The Season 2 release date was pushed back by 12 days to an “expected” February 14 launch.
“We will use this additional development time to deliver updates, including optimizations to gameplay, game balancing (including weapon and equipment balancing), to fix game stability and bugs, and to ensure an overall level of polish to improve the experience for players across Vanguard, Warzone Pacific, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare,” Activision said.
“Upcoming implementations will address several concerns raised by the community and other quality-of-life improvements. Adjusting the core gameplay loop, mechanics, and balance is a continuing and important focus. Fixes will apply to your platform of choice — two generations of consoles and PC — as well as gameplay in general across all five systems.”
According to a new Bloomberg report, “high-level employees” at Activision have discussed the possibility of shifting away from Call of Duty’s annual release schedule in a bid to revitalise the franchise, which has produced a new game every year since 2005.
Warzone January 20 patch notes
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the menu screen to flicker when attempting to join a friend or queue with a party.
- Fixed an issue with reload animations allowing certain Weapons to fire continuously.
- Fixed an issue causing Private Lobby hosts to crash.
- Fixed an issue causing the regular/Advanced UAV rewards from Big Game Bounty and [TOP SECRET] Contracts to not trigger if the player was in a vehicle or anti-air gun.
- Katana (VG)
- Damage increased from 135 to 150
- Standing Charge Range increased by 36.5%
- Crouching Charge Range increased by 17%
- Move Speed decreased by 2%