The exploit can be abused to infinitely heal with stim packs while in the gas, virtually guaranteeing the user a win.
In this instance, Raven said the “issue stemmed from player getting stuck in throwback state after throwing back a live grenade.”
Warzone Season 3 guides:
Elsewhere, the update adjusts the timing of ammo replenishment during empty reloads for Black Ops Cold War weapons, ensures selected operator missions for Stitch now track as intended, and addresses a Windows GDI32-related crash.
Warzone mid-season patch notes
- New fix to remove infinite stim glitch
- Issue stemmed from player getting stuck in throwback state after throwing back a live grenade
- Adjusted match bonus and kill XP reward of Kingslayer mode to be more in line with Verdansk BR
- This is part of our continued effort to normalize XP rewards across our various game modes
- Adjusted the timing of ammo replenishment during empty reloads for BOCW weapons
- Certain operator missions for Stitch should now track as intended
- Fixed visual for the “Heavy Handed” Sledgehammer in the Player Armory
- Fixed issue where at high prestige levels, progress towards next level shown in Barracks Seasonal Progression did not match what was shown on the top banner of the main menu
- Removed Tier Skips from Modern Warfare Bundles
- Previewing Bruiser Cord watch in the Hot Shot Bundle will now display correct watch
- Fixed various minor issues including images, icons, and names
- Fixed a crash that occurs when launching the game due to changes being made to Windows GDI32
And the publisher banned 60,000 Warzone accounts earlier this week for what it said were confirmed cases of players using cheat software, taking the total number of permabans to 300,000 worldwide since launch.
During its earnings call on Thursday, Activision said the first season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone has seen the most Battle Pass sales since the introduction of the new in-game system in late 2019.
Activision is reportedly planning to release a new Cold War-themed Warzone map to coincide with the game’s first anniversary.