A new Call of Duty Warzone update has been released, addressing a Dead Silence bug and more.
It recently emerged that players who switched their Field Upgrade to Dead Silence at just the right time in pre-game lobbies would get the benefits of the perk (quieter footsteps) for an entire match rather than just for limited periods.
That’s no longer the case as of today’s update, according to developer Raven Software.
The game’s latest update also removes the ‘report offensive chats’ button while Raven looks into a related crash, and includes a recoil fix for the C58 Royal & Kross 4x Optic (see the full patch notes below).
Call of Duty: Warzone's new Pacific map | Best Warzone loadout | Warzone Red Doors | Warzone best sniper | Warzone best SMG | Warzone best Stoner 63 | Warzone best AK-47 | Warzone best Bullfrog | Best FARA Warzone loadout | Best AMAX Warzone loadout
Warzone July 21 patch notes
- Removed the Report Offensive Chat button while we investigate a related crash.
- Fixed an issue with the C58 Royal & Kross 4x Optic where it was incorrectly affecting recoil.
- Fixed an issue causing Dead Silence to remain active for the entire match if the Player used it seconds before the prematch lobby ended.
- Fixed an issue causing the Sentry Turret Killstreak map icon to not move when placed on the train.
- Fixed an issue with the flavor text on various Blueprints.
VGC analysis published this week highlighted the extent of Raven’s recent Warzone recruitment drive, suggesting the studio has hired over 100 staff in less than a year, with at least 40 more roles still set to be filled.