Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Priced at $99.99 and available exclusively in the US via PlayStation Direct, the most expensive edition of the remake sold out less than 24 hours after the game’s announcement in June and has been unavailable to pre-order since.
Developer Naughty Dog said on Friday that additional copies of the Firefly Edition will be made available in the US through publisher Sony’s online store on a first come, first served basis when the game is released next week.
The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer
Last of Us Part I Firefly Edition contents
- The Last of Us single-player story and Left Behind prequel chapter for PS5
- Limited edition SteelBook display case
- The Last of Us: American Dreams Comics #1 – #4 with new cover art
- Early unlock of the following in-game items:*
- Increased Crafting and Healing Speed Skills
- 9mm Reload Speed and Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrades
- Explosive Arrows Gameplay Modifier
- Dither Punk Filter and Speedrun Mode
- Six Weapon Skins: Black Gold 9mm Pistol, Silver Filigree 9mm Pistol, Rubber Tactical Shotgun, Sculpted Oak Shotgun, Arctic White Bow, Carbon Black Bow
Naughty Dog also said it’s hoping to be able to offer European players the chance to purchase The Last of Us Part 1’s Firefly Edition.
“EU fans, we’re working with our partners at SIE, and hope to provide an update on what we can offer soon.”
The Last of Us Part 1 is billed as a faithful reproduction of the original game, which was released for PS3 in 2013 and remastered for PS4 the following year, featuring modernised gameplay and controls.
It will also offer expanded accessibility options including audio descriptions for cinematics and haptic feedback for dialogue.
The Last of Us Part I will be released for PS5 on September 2, with the review embargo lifting on August 31 at 8am PT / 4pm BST.