The Game Awards has announced a digital spin-off event called The Game Festival.
Demos will be playable for 48 hours beginning today at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm UK.
“The Game Festival is designed from the ground-up as an event without barriers, extending the benefits of a physical event to the global gaming community that watches The Game Awards.”
The Game Festival demos include:
- System Shock (Nightdive Studios)
- Eastward (Pixpil/Chucklefish)
- Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus)
- Moving Out (SMG Studio/Devm Games/Team17)
- Röki (Polygon Treehouse/United Label)
- Chicory (Greg Lobanov)
- Wooden Nickel (Brain&Brain)
- Haven (The Game Bakers)
- Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)
- Acid Knife (Powerhoof)
- The Drifter (Powerhoof)
- CARRION (Phobia/Devolver)
- SkateBIRD (Glass Bottom Games)
The Game Awards 2019 will be held tonight at 5.30pm PT / 8.30pm ET / 1.30am December 13 UK.
The nominees for the Game Awards were announced in November, with Death Stranding up for eight prizes and Control up for seven.
Around 10 new games will be announced at The Game Awards, including a new story driven title set in the League of Legends universe.