The game’s first update was released on Wednesday. Naughty Dog said it primarily focuses on stability and performance improvements, alongside other smaller ones.
The patch notes read:
- Fixed several performance & hitch related issues impacting some users.
- Note: Additional improvements and investigations based on user feedback are underway.
- Added extra crash diagnostic information to assist in investigating shader building related crashes and other common reported stability issues.
“The team is closely watching player reports and actively working on a patch with more bugfixes, to be released soon,” Naughty Dog added.
It also said it’s currently investigating the following issues:
- Loading shaders takes longer than expected
- Performance and stability is degraded while shaders are loading in the background
- Older graphics drivers leads to instability and/or graphical problems
- Game may be unable to boot despite meeting the minimum system requirements
- A potential memory leak
- Mouse and camera jitter for some players, depending on hardware and display settings
The PC port was handled by Naughty Dog and Iron Galaxy, which also teamed up to bring Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection to PC last year.
Unusually for a Sony Interactive Entertainment game, zero reviews for the title have been published on Metacritic two days after its release, suggesting that press either did not receive review code, or did so extremely late.
It would have been handled by another studio and have provided a fleshed-out backstory for Ellie’s mother, a theme that would later be repurposed for The Last of Us TV show.