The latest mode to join the beta is VIP Escort. It’s a 6v6 objective core game mode in which one player is randomly selected as a VIP equipped with a pistol, a smoke grenade and a UAV.
One team is charged with protecting the VIP until they can reach an extraction point, while the other is tasked with neutralising the VIP before they escape.
VIP Escort has been moved out of Quick Play and added to the Featured playlist today so that players can jump into the mode at will.
The beta level cap has also been raised from 16 to 25, enabling players to unlock more weapons and equipment including the Krig 6, AK-74u, SAM Turret, War Machine, Tactical Mask, Gas Mine, Smoke Grenade, and Tracker.
Treyarch says additional beta updates include:
- Updated the Assassin Perk description for clarity
- Fixed an issue where a controller could become unresponsive when loading into a match
- Fixed a crash that could occur while selecting Operators in the front end
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a SAM Turret missile hit a target when the turret was destroyed
- Fixed an issue where other players’ names were not visible in the pre-match lobby
Publisher Activision launched the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta on Thursday. It will run from October 8-9 (PS4 pre-order customers), October 10-12 (all PS4 players), October 15-16 (all PS4 players and Xbox One/PC pre-order customers), and October 17-19 (all players).