Nintendo’s latest console surpassed the previous January-April dollar sales record achieved by the Wii in 2009.
In its previous monthly report, NPD said Switch set a new all-time record for hardware unit sales in a March month, and recorded the strongest first quarter unit sales of any platform since the Nintendo DS in 2010.
The PS4 exclusive also broke launch month unit and dollar sales records for Square Enix’s franchise, taking the records previously held by December 2016 release Final Fantasy XV.
April 2020 top-selling US games
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (physical only)
- NBA 2K20
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Resident Evil 3
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered
- MLB: The Show 20
- Madden NFL 20
- Red Dead Redemption II
- Just Dance 2020
- FIFA 2020
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Borderlands 3
- Predator: Hunting Grounds 3
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (physical only)
- Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order
- Persona 5: Royal
- Need for Speed Heat
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot