Gaming peripheral manufacturer SteelSeries has announced a range of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 items, including an artisanal keycap costing £94.99.
The keycap, which is limited to 3,500 units, depicts two red snakes emerging from a skull. The keycap also comes with an in-game Konni Weapon Charm.This in-game item isn’t exclusive to the artisan keycap, as it will also come with the Artis Nova Booster Back headset accessories (£34.99) and the Performance Thumbsticks (£29.99).
The complete range is as follows:
- MWIII x SteelSeries Arctis Nova Booster Packs (Speakers Plate + Headband) – $39.99/ €39.99/ £34.99
- MWIII x SteelSeries QcK Mousepads – $24.99 / €29.99 / £29.99
- MWIII x SteelSeries Artisan Keycap – $79.99 / €89.99 / £94.99
- MWIII x KontrolFreek Performance Thumbsticks – $19.99 / €19.99 / £19.99
- MWIII x KontrolFreek No-Slip Thumb Grips – $11.99 / €11.99 / £11.99
- MWIII x KontrolFreek Collector’s Edition Thumbsticks – $29.99 / €29.99 / £29.99
“Sold as a pre-order bonus and given about as much thought, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3’s single player offering is a short, shallow waste of time that feels less like a video game and more like a contractual obligation,” we wrote.
Microsoft completed its $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard last month, following over a year of legal battles to push the deal through.
Microsoft and PlayStation signed a binding agreement this year to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation following the acquisition, and Xbox boss Phil Spencer later reiterated Xbox’s pledge to maintain “100% parity” for Call of Duty across all platform