Announcing its availability, Bethesda said the “small update… addresses some issues with performance and stability as well as a few general gameplay issues”.
We’ve republished the update’s full patch notes below.
Bethesda also said it’s continuing to work on a larger update that will add previously announced features and improvements.
Earlier this month, the studio said future updates would introduce “top community requested features” including brightness and contrast controls, an HDR calibration menu, an FOV slider, Nvidia DLSS support, ultrawide monitor support, and an eat button for food.
Starfield was released on September 6, but players who pre-ordered its Premium Edition or Constellation Edition were able to start playing on September 1.
On September 19, its publisher claimed the sci-fi RPG had reached 10 million players, making it “the biggest launch in Bethesda history”.
Starfield was reportedly the fifth fastest-selling game across Europe this year, based on launch week performance.
STARFIELD 1.7.33 UPDATE PATCH NOTES
- Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
- Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
- Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
- AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
- Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.