Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Developed in collaboration with Tri-Ace and set for release in 2022, the latest title in the 25-year-old RPG series was revealed during a Sony live stream on Wednesday.
“The game features a story that blends sci-fi and fantasy, a rich lineup of characters and side stories, a battle system delivering exhilarating combat with easy controls, and more,” Square Enix PR representative Sho Ishida told the PlayStation Blog.
Star Ocean The Divine Force features:
- A story that changes based on the choices made, where heroes intersect between the two worlds of sci-fi and fantasy
- A rich lineup of playable characters
- Freedom to fly around the environment
- Three-dimensional traversal and exploration where everything in-sight is a field for adventure
- The Star Ocean game with the fastest and mightiest action in the series
Launched in 1996, the Star Ocean series has seen five mainline games, one spin-off title, and one mobile game to date.