The price increases listed below, which apply to products including DualSense controllers and the Pulse 3D headset, would appear to be Japan-only.
There was no mention of price increases on the PlayStation Blog in Europe or the US, but we’ve asked Sony for confirmation.
The new peripheral prices listed below will be applied from October 18.
- DualSense wireless controller (White and Midnight Black): 9,480 yen tax included (currently 7,678 yen tax included)
- DualSense Wireless Controller (Cosmic Red, Nova Pink, Galactic Purple, Starlight Blue and Gray Camouflage): 9,980 yen tax included (currently 8,228 yen tax included)
- Pusle 3D wireless headset: 12,980 yen tax included (currently 10,978 yen tax included)
- HD camera: 7,980 yen tax included (currently 6,578 yen tax included)
- Media remote control: 3,980 yen tax included (currently 3,278 yen tax included)
The new PS5 model will be available in standard and Digital editions, both featuring 1TB storage.
According to Sony, the new model has been reduced in volume by more than 30%, and in weight by 18% and 24% respectively compared to the current one, which it will replace.
Unlike the existing model, those who purchase the PS5 Digital Edition will be able to add a Blu-ray disc drive later, as it will also be sold separately.
The new model requires a separate $30 / £25 / Є30 stand for the console to safely stand upright.