According to the platform holder, Version 23.02-08.20.00 makes Music in the control centre easier to use with a two-column layout that simplifies browsing.
Players can now avoid unintentionally broadcasting their surroundings while broadcasting PlayStation VR2 games, and there’s now a voice command that lets users check for new PS5 features. We’ve published the full update notes below.
PS5’s last major system update introduced Dolby Atmos support and new accessibility options, among other features.
Sony will release a PS5 Slim in November. Like the launch model, the new one will be available in standard and Digital editions. According to the company, the new console has been reduced in volume by more than 30%, and in weight by 18% and 24% respectively compared to the current one.
Unlike the launch model, the new PS5 Digital Edition will support an attachable Blu-ray disc drive, which can be purchased separately.
PS5 Version 23.02-08.20.00
- Music in the control centre is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists, and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PS VR2.
- If you say “What’s new?” via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We’ve improved the messages and usability on some screens.