Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The dual character – the fourth of Ultimate’s second Fighters Pass – will be released in March.
Writing in his regular Famitsu column last summer, Sakurai indicated that following the completion of the current DLC pipeline, “continuous Smash development from Smash for 3DS/Wii U will finally come to an end.”
Sakurai previously said he feels there’s “no way” the series will be able to have as many fighters or series represented again in future games.
He said “If Smash Bros. continues in the future, then there’s no way this many fighters and series can be represented again. There are still requests from all over the world for new fighters in Smash.”
Nintendo Direct news Feb 2021
- Splatoon 3 is real and releasing next year
- Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming to Switch with new controls
- A new Mario Golf is coming to Switch with a full Story Mode
- Smash Bros. Ultimate’s next DLC fighter is Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade
- Zelda producer apologises for lack of Breath of the Wild 2 updates
- Animal Crossing’s Mario items include functioning Warp Pipes
- Square Enix reveals RPG Project Triangle Strategy with surprise Switch demo
- Fall Guys is coming to Nintendo Switch summer 2021
- No More Heroes 3 is coming in August 2021
- Outer Wilds will release for Switch summer 2021
- Ninja Gaiden remasters are coming to consoles and PC in June
- Nintendo’s avatar-themed RPG Miitopia is coming to Switch
- EA partners with Mario Kart Live studio for Knockout City
- Star Wars: Hunters is a new squad-based arena combat game