Rockstar has updated the list of music in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition, with some ‘missing’ tracks reinstated.
The publisher gave a confirmed list of tracks to VGC on Wednesday, but it appeared to be missing a number of key songs.
Oddly, some of these songs could be heard on leaked footage of the game, suggesting that Rockstar’s list was incomplete.
UPDATE: Dataminers have since discovered that the PC version of GTA Trilogy reportedly contains all the music that’s no longer licensed, as well as uncompiled code with developer comments.
VGC posted the full track listing as confirmed by Rockstar, as well as a list of songs that were missing from its list but were likely still in the game.
Rockstar has now provided VGC with an updated list, in which practically all the songs that were missing are now included.
Grand Theft Auto the Trilogy - The Definitive Edition trailer
More GTA Trilogy on VGC:
GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition music list | GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition missing music | GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition gameplay footage | GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Switch screenshots | 2022 games
The full list of songs that weren’t in Rockstar’s list on Wednesday but are now confirmed to be in the game is as follows:
- Love Missile F1-11 – Sigue Sigue Sputnik
- Cum On Feel the Noize – Quiet Riot
- She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult
- Working for the Weekend – Loverboy
- God Blessed Video – Alcatrazz
- Cars – Gary Numan
- Poison Arrow – ABC
- Obsession – Animotion
- Video Killed the Radio Star – The Buggles
- Japanese Boy – Aneka
- Steppin’ Out – Joe Jackson
- One Thing Leads to Another – The Fixx
- Get It Girl – 2 Live Crew
- A Gozar Con Mi Combo – Cachao
- Hot Pants – I’m Coming, I’m Coming, I’m Coming – Bobby Byrd
- Rock Me Again And Again – Lyn Collins
- I Know You Got Soul – Bobby Byrd
Vice City and San Andreas are still missing a number of songs, most notably two Michael Jackson songs in Vice City and a Rage Against the Machine song in San Andreas.
As such, the final confirmed list of songs is essentially the same as that of the previous re-releases, meaning no major tracks have been dropped.