Riot fighting game 2XKO is officially ending development
2XKO will end development at the end of this year; refunds issued for purchases

Riot Games has announced it will end development of its fighting game 2XKO at the end of this year due to poor uptake.
In a statement published on its website, the studio said that following 2XKO’s full launch in January, it hadn’t attracted enough players for ongoing development to be sustainable.
Servers will remain on beyond 2026, and 2XKO will be playable on all platforms, it claimed. Riot has also committed to adding new content throughout the remainder of this year, including two new characters.
“Over the last few months, we’ve been monitoring 2XKO’s trajectory closely, and what we’ve seen is painting a clear, consistent picture: while a lot of you jumped in to try the game and there’s an incredible community that plays every day, we haven’t seen enough players stick with the game to get to a path toward sustainability,” it said.
“Through the rest of 2026, we’ll be introducing content, feature improvements, and two new champions (Lux and Samira), with the intent to deliver our final bug fix patch in December of this year. After that, servers will remain on to support online play. Offline play is unaffected. We’ll give advanced notice if any of that changes.”
From today, Riot will unlock all characters in the game, bundling “most” cosmetic items, and refunding all money spent on 2XKO on or before August 20.
“Any content owned is yours to keep,” Riot said. “Avatar and player profile items will be unlockable for Credits. This will happen in patch 1.3.1 (September). More info on this below.
“Our goal now is to do right by the players who have invested in us so far and want to continue playing 2XKO, as well as the Rioters who have poured everything into delivering on this dream. The rest of this post goes into detail on how we got here, what’s changing, and what’s still to come.”



