Ring Fit Adventure has continued its strong sales momentum in Japan, topping the region’s sales chart for the week ending February 2.
Since its release in October 2019 Ring Fit Adventure has seen steady sales in Japan, having only dropped out of the weekly top four on three occasions – and even those dips were likely driven by stock shortages.
Japan suffered stock shortages of Ring Fit Adventure over the Christmas sales period, with some of the country’s biggest retail stores having seen their displays left empty.
In a statement published on its website in November, Nintendo Japan apologised for any inconvenience caused by what it called a “short supply” of stock throughout the country.
In VGC’s Ring Fit Adventure review, we called the title “a unique and entertaining adventure that could offer laxed gym-goers a compelling route back into exercise.”
Famitsu Japan game sales 27/01/20 – 02/02/20
- [SW] Ring Fit Adventure – 30,111 (652,757)
- [SW] Pokemon Sword and Shield – 29,429 (3,379,737)
- [PS4] Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 21,158 (217,780 )
- [PS4] Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – 13,866 (120,9072)
- [SW] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch – 11,958 books ( 132,531)
- [SW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 10,592 (3,533,321)
- [SW] Minecraft – 10,067 (1,243,560)
- [SW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9,810 (2,756,492)
- [SW] Super Mario Party – 5,781 (1,330,145)
- [SW] Splatoon 2 – 5,640 (3,306,848)