Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Resident Evil Village will get a time-restricted demo in May which limits players to 60 minutes of gameplay.
Producer Tsuyoshi Kanda announced during Capcom‘s Resident Evil Showcase that because the team was unable to hold events due to the coronavirus pandemic, the demos will be part of “a special day where you can experience Resident Evil Village”.
The demo will therefore only be available during a set 24-hour period, and players will only be able to play for a total of 60 minutes.
The times the demo will be active are:
- North America – May 1 at 5pm until May 2 at 5pm (PDT)
- Europe – May 2 at 2am until May 2 at 2am (CEST)
- Asia – May 2 at 8am until May 3 at 8am (HKT)
It consists of two areas – the village and the castle. Players will be able to dedicate certain time to each area, or spend the full 60 minutes exploring one area.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 owners will also get special early access during an event called 8 Hours in Village. This gives players an extra 30 minutes in the village and 30 minutes in the castle during an eight-hour window, as follows:
Village Demo (30 minutes)
- North America – April 17 at 5pm until April 18 at 1am (PDT)
- Europe – April 18 at 7pm until April 19 at 3am (CEST)
- Asia – April 18 at 5pm until April 19 at 1am (HKT)
Castle Demo (30 minutes)
- North America – April 24 at 5pm until April 25 at 1am (PDT)
- Europe – April 25 at 7pm until April 26 at 3am (CEST)
- Asia – April 25 at 5pm until April 26 at 1am (HKT)
The PlayStation demos can be pre-downloaded from today, so players can start as soon as the demo window begins.