The final Pokémon Sword and Shield TCG expansion, Silver Tempest, has been revealed.
Launching in November, the set will bring to an end the Sword and Shield era of the game, before Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet release on November 18.
The final expansion will bring with it more Radiant Pokémon—such as Radiant Jirachi and Radiant Alakazam—which are Shiny Pokémon, illustrated in etched artwork.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Guides:
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet walkthrough, tips, and Pokemon locations | Roaring Moon location | Iron Valiant location | Shiny sandwich recipes | Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Legendaries | How to find Shiny Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet
Lugia VSTAR and Regidrago VSTAR, plus the first Pokémon VSTAR in the Pokémon TCG to not be fully evolved, Alolan Vulpix VSTAR, have all also been confirmed for the set.
The Pokémon Company has also revealed an exclusive Sword & Shield-Silver Tempest Pokémon Center Elite Trainer Box that will be for sale for a limited time ahead of release.
Pokémon TCG Silver Tempest Pokémon Center Elite Trainer Box contents
- 10 Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield—Silver Tempest booster packs
- Each booster pack contains 10 cards and either 1 basic Energy or 1 VSTAR marker. Cards vary by pack.
- 65 card sleeves featuring Alolan Vulpix
- 65 card sleeves featuring Lugia
- 45 Pokémon TCG Energy cards
- A player’s guide to the Sword & Shield—Silver Tempest expansion
- 6 damage-counter dice
- 1 competition-legal coin-flip die
- 1 metallic Pokémon coin featuring Alolan Vulpix
- 2 acrylic condition markers
- 1 acrylic VSTAR marker
- A collector’s box to hold everything, with 4 dividers to keep it organized
- A code card for Pokémon Trading Card Game Live
The Pokémon 2023 World Championships will take place in Yokohama, Japan, it has been announced.
During the closing ceremony of the 2022 World Championships in London, it was revealed that next year’s event will take place in Japan for the first time ever.
Until 2022, the event had never taken place outside of North America, but this year’s World Championships took place in the UK.