Niantic has detailed the Pokemon Go 7th anniversary event that will begin later this week, which will include the return of Shiny Mew.
For $5 / £5 players will be able to purchase the Masterwork Research, which will let players catch Shiny Mew, one of the only opportunities to capture the elusive mythical Pokemon in the history of the franchise.
New Pokemon set to be added to the game include a Wartortle and a Blastoise wearing a party hat, the latter of which can appear in its shiny form. You’ll also be able to evolve party hat Squirtle during this event.
The party hat Squirtle, cake hat Pikachu, Meowth, Ponyta, Togedemaru, Galarian Ponyta and Absol will all appear in the wild during the event, with each of them (other than Togedemaru) also having the chance to appear in their shiny form.
Each day of the event will also see certain Pokemon spawn more frequently.
Pokémon GO 7th Anniversary Party event daily spawns
- July 6: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
- July 7: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
- July 8: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
- July 9: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
- July 10: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
- July 11: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
- July 12: Rowlet, Litten, Popplio
Pokémon GO 7th Anniversary Party event bonuses
- Increased chance of becoming Lucky Friends.
- Increased chance of Pokémon becoming Lucky through trades.
- Chance of finding 7, 77—or more!—Gimmighoul Coins when you spin a PokéStop with a Golden Lure Module.
- July 6: 2× XP for catching Pokémon.
- July 7: 2× Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- July 8: 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- July 9: 1/2 Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator on this day.
- July 10: Friendship levels will increase twice as fast.
- July 11: 2× Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- July 12: 2× XP for evolving Pokémon.
Pokémon GO 7th Anniversary Party raids
- Mega Blastoise