It told attendees that Crusader Kings 3 will “enhance the experience” of veteran players while at the same time offering a more welcoming experience to new players.
“It is a firm step in the direction of a new generation of grand strategy games, with new 3D character models and an even more detailed map,” it said.
Paradox said more details on the features of Crusader Kings 3 will be revealed “in the next few months.”
The publisher also announced on Saturday that the base game of Crusader Kings 2 is now free on all platforms where it can be purchased.
“Crusader Kings III is a grand medieval simulator where you are free to live out any plausible ruler fantasy that we could think of – but not without challenge,” said game director Henrik Fåhraeus in a prepared statement.
“Seeing its predecessor explode in popularity was very satisfying, especially considering that user friendliness was never our primary goal. Now we have a chance to address an even larger audience.”
Crusader Kings 3 Features
- Shape Your Dynasty: Guide unique characters through history, choosing lifestyles best suited to their personalities and your ambitions.
- Rewrite Medieval History: Dynasties will change and adapt to changes in family and politics, and religious beliefs are more firmly under your control.
- Build a Mighty Kingdom: Use your vassals’ fear of you as a weapon or call on familial obligations to persuade reluctant relatives to submit.
- Experience High Drama: Stranger than fiction stories leap off the screen, as characters plot against you and events push you to extremes.
- Learn as You Go: Guided advice to help newcomers navigate a rich medieval world. In-game suggestions tip you off to paths you might not have considered.
- The Usual Crusader Kings Fun: Keep a stubborn council in line, scheme against your overbearing uncle or marry the rich duchy…oops, I mean pious duke or duchess of your dreams.