Rockstar has released an official Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition feature list detailing all the enhancements made across the collection.
The Definitive Edition, which includes remasters of PS2 games GTAs III, Vice City and San Andreas, is available to pre-load now on consoles and launches digitally at 7am ET / 10am ET / 3pm GMT on November 11 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PS4, Xbox One and PC via the Rockstar Games Launcher.
According to Rockstar, GTA: The Trilogy features “across-the-board upgrades” including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while “still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals”.
GTA The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition trailer
More GTA Trilogy on VGC:
GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition music list | GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition missing music | GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition gameplay footage | GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Switch screenshots | 2022 games
It introduces modern control upgrades, updated weapon and radio station wheels, updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation, updated achievements/trophies and more, which we’ve listed below via Rockstar.
Rockstar has also released the first official Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition gameplay videos. They compare footage of the Definitive Editions with the original versions of the games.
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition’s music list has been confirmed too.
GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition features
An updated player experience, making it easier than ever to play these classic games, including:
- A GTAV-style controller layout
- Updated Weapon and Radio Station selection wheels for quick switching
- Updated Mini-Maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to set waypoints to destinations
- Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in GTA: San Andreas
- The ability to immediately restart failed missions
- Updated Achievements and Trophies
- New Rockstar Social Club Accomplishments for members
- Plus newly supported languages; including Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Korean, in addition to English, Spanish (Spain + Mexico), Italian, Japanese, French, and German
Enhanced visuals, with improved graphics and fidelity across all three games, including:
- Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to
roads, and more for greater detail
- A completely rebuilt lighting system, with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
- Improved environmental effects such as water and weather effects including rain and fog, plus more distinct changes to highlight different times across the sky, sun, moon and stars
- Enhanced detail in trees and foliage, plus newly added three-dimensional detail to buildings and windows
- Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition
Plus platform-specific features, including: