These will be in addition to the service’s regular monthly offering, with full details on November’s PS Plus titles set to be confirmed later this month.
The bonus games are being offered to coincide with PS VR’s fifth birthday today.
In a PlayStation Blog post which also includes “a trip down memory lane” with PS VR developers, Sony revealed the most popular games for the platform to date, based on playtime, excluding free title The Playroom VR.
Most-played PS VR games globally
- Rec Room
- Beat Saber
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard
Most-played PS VR Games by region
- Europe: Rec Room, PlayStation VR Worlds, Beat Saber, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7 biohazard
- North America: Rec Room, Beat Saber, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, Job Simulator, Firewall: Zero Hour
- Japan: Resident Evil 7 biohazard, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, PlayStation VR Worlds, Beat Saber, Gran Turismo Sport
PlayStation VR has sold over five million units and the platform now plays home to more than 500 games and experiences, according to Sony.
The company announced it was working on a “next-generation VR system” designed for PS5 earlier this year.
The new headset will feature “dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity”, enabling players to feel “an even greater sense of presence and become even more immersed in their game worlds”, it claimed in February
Sony is reportedly planning to release the successor to PlayStation VR during the 2022 holiday season.