Kicking off at 11pm UK (3pm PT/6pm ET), the presentation will last for approximately 40 minutes and focus on Nintendo Switch titles set for release in 2019, including Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokémon Sword & Shield. We’ve embedded the stream above.
Update: Headline announcement from Wednesday’s Nintendo Direct include:
- Banjo-Kazooie DLC for Super Smash Bros. releasing today
- Video: Sakurai details Banjo-Kazooie Smash Bros. moves, music and cameos
- Fatal Fury’s Terry is the next Smash Bros. fighter
- SNES games coming to Nintendo Switch Online this week
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition headed to Switch in 2020
- Overwatch is coming to Nintendo Switch
- Game Freak’s Little Town Hero releases in October
- Assassin’s Creed Black Flag and Rogue to be bundled for Switch
- Doom 64 coming to Switch alongside Doom Eternal
- Devil May Cry 2 hits Switch this month
- Deadly Premonition released on Switch as sequel is announced for 2020
Original story continues: The Luigi’s Mansion 3 release date is October 31 (Halloween), while the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield release date is November 15. A limited edition Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Switch Lite console will also launch in November.
Wednesday’s Nintendo Direct could feature Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s upcoming Banjo-Kazooie DLC too.
Adverts for the Smash Bros. Banjo-Kazooie DLC started appearing in Japan and Australia in early September, suggesting a release could be imminent. Nintendo has previously said the DLC will arrive in autumn/fall 2019.