A new Nintendo Direct broadcast will be live streamed on Wednesday, February 17 and you can watch it live here via the video embedded above.
Nintendo’s first full Direct presentation in almost 18 months kicks off at 2pm PT/5pm ET/10pm GMT.
The presentation’s timing is notable for its proximity to The Legend of Zelda’s 35th anniversary this coming weekend.
Nintendo’s last general Direct presentation took place on September 5, 2019.
The long delay for a full Direct has likely been due to the uncertainty over release dates during the coronavirus pandemic, with Nintendo traditionally preferring to announce titles in close proximity to their launch.
Recently the company has aired a series of ‘Partner’ Directs, with presentations focused on games from third-party developers.
In June 2020, Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa said the platform holder was still committed to the Direct model, telling investors he believed the presentations remained an effective means of communication.
Nintendo Direct news Feb 2021
- Splatoon 3 is real and releasing next year
- Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming to Switch with new controls
- A new Mario Golf is coming to Switch with a full Story Mode
- Smash Bros. Ultimate’s next DLC fighter is Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade
- Zelda producer apologises for lack of Breath of the Wild 2 updates
- Animal Crossing’s Mario items include functioning Warp Pipes
- Square Enix reveals RPG Project Triangle Strategy with surprise Switch demo
- Fall Guys is coming to Nintendo Switch summer 2021
- No More Heroes 3 is coming in August 2021
- Outer Wilds will release for Switch summer 2021
- Ninja Gaiden remasters are coming to consoles and PC in June
- Nintendo’s avatar-themed RPG Miitopia is coming to Switch
- EA partners with Mario Kart Live studio for Knockout City
- Star Wars: Hunters is a new squad-based arena combat game