Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
Bunny Day will take place from April 1 – 12 and see character Zipper visit your island. The event will have players hunting down hidden eggs and crafting limited time items from the Egg series.
Another free update will take place at the end of April, adding new features and the Earth Day event, Nintendo said. See a summary via the Nintendo Direct mini below.
In a move likely design to combat spoilers, Nintendo’s previous Animal Crossing update stated that “time travellers” (players who change their system clock to move game time forwards) would not be allowed to experience in-game events until real-life time matches their activity dates.
Players must also have a connected Nintendo account when this check is performed.
It was revealed this week that Animal Crossing: New Horizons enjoyed the biggest Nintendo Switch launch to date in Japan.
According to Famitsu data, the Switch exclusive sold some 1.88 million copies in its first 3 days on sale in Japan, clearly surpassing the previous record holder Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (1.3m).
Around 392,000 Nintendo Switch consoles were sold in the week ending March 22, which is the console’s biggest sales week ever in Japan – higher than even its launch (330k).
Nintendo Direct Mini News
- Arms confirmed as sixth Smash Bros. DLC fighter
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition release date confirmed
- Panzer Dragoon: Remake is available today
- XCOM 2, Borderlands and BioShock games coming to Switch
- Ring Fit has been updated with Jogging and Rhythm modes
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy released
- Nintendo details 2 Animal Crossing events planned for April
- Burnout Paradise Remastered announced for Switch