Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
New Switch system update improves stability, updates controller firmware
Version 15.0.0 is available now
A new system update for the Nintendo Switch has been released.
Version 15.0.0 is available to download now, and appears to be a relatively minor update.
According to Nintendo‘s official patch notes, the update improves “system stability”, changes the location of the Bluetooth audio menu and lets players take screenshots while in the Nintendo Switch Online app.
Dataminer OatmealDome investigated further and found that version 15.0.0 also updates the firmware of the Pro Controller’s Bluetooth connection.
Nintendo’s official patch notes are as follows:
- The location of the Bluetooth Audio menu within System Settings has moved.
- Screenshots can be taken using the Capture Button while in the Nintendo Switch Online application found on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.
- Video capture is not supported.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
OatmealDome’s further findings include:
- Handling for Ethernet adapters was moved to its own dedicated OS module
- Pro Controller Bluetooth firmware was updated
- Various error messages were added / changed
- A pop-up was added for attempting to exceed the max headphone volume while the limiter is on
- Swear word database updated for Mainland China
- Time zone database updated
- Australia and New Zealand privacy law text updated
The Switch’s last notable update was version 14.0.0, which added the much-requested ability to create folders.
The much-requested feature, which Nintendo calls ‘Groups’, allows users to more conveniently manage their software libraries on the Switch Home Menu.
Firmware 14.0.0 also made changes to how Bluetooth audio controls work on Switch, with the on-system volume control now properly reflecting a device’s own controls.