A new update for Sonic Mania is currently in the process of rolling out, with PlayStation players having received the update earlier today.
The patch notes for the update are small, with only two items on the list giving explicit descriptions of what’s being fixed, but one issue, that being Tails disappearing off screen during hectic moments of gameplay in Sonic 2, will likely be appreciated by players.
The patch notes are:
- Corrected track mismatches in the Museum for certain music tracks included in the Classic Music Pack
- Fixed an issue in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 where Tails goes off-screen and is unable to rejoin
- Additional bug fixes
Sonic Origins - launch trailer
Sonic 3 & Knuckles sound test codes
- 6214: Disable Super Sonic music.
- 19790811: All enemies turn into squirrels “Ricky” when defeated.
- 19921124: Infinite continues (works in Classic Mode)
- 20170815: Fly while Super Sonic (Egg Reverie Movement)
- 19930923: Activates Super Peel-Out.
- 47891: Turns all item boxes into question mark item boxes so what you get is random.
- 19910623: changes flame, bubble & lightning item boxes into Sonic 2 shields.
- 00000000: Removes all rings item boxes & special stage rings.
- 19940202: Changes title screen to just “Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
- 19900306: Turns all badniks into the Penguin badnik from Ice Cap.
- 32160: Gives Sonic drop dash & insta=shield in Competition mode. Also allows Knuckles to glide in competition mode.
Sonic Origins has faced multiple issues since its release. A prominent modder who was working on a large mod for the game even called it “absolute shit” and abandoned the project.
The modder, who goes by the name Xanman, was working on a mod they were calling BetterOrigins, which promised to fix a number of bugs and other issues being reported by the Sonic community.
The mod has now been cancelled, with modder Xanman saying that the modding process had made it clear to them that the game was in a poor state.