The company said software version 21.01-03.20.00 improves system performance and includes an update to the DualSense controller, alongside several fixes.
According to PS5 users on Reddit, the controller update fixes a battery indicator bug which had resulted in the battery icon constantly blinking (indicating low battery) even though the controller wasn’t low on charge.
The official patch notes (republished below) also list fixes for a PS5 screen reader issue and hidden games problem, plus improvements when copying games from USB to console.
PS5 system software 21.01-03.20.00
- This system software update improves system performance.
- We’ve updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
- We’ve fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
- We’ve fixed an issue where games that you’ve hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
- We’ve made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.
The first in-the-flesh images showing PS5‘s new controller colours, Midnight Black and Cosmic Red, were published online this week.
Until now, the controller has only been available in its standard black and white design, but the two new colours will be released this month, with the specific date differing depending on the country.
In the US and the UK, the black and red controllers will launch on June 18.