Prior to the update, selecting the ‘Season’ tab from the in-game menu would by default place the cursor on the ‘Activate Premium’ button, which once clicked, would instantly activate the Battle Pass without a confirmation prompt.
This led to some players accidently activating the Battle Pass and being unable to reverse the process, and allegations of malicious design on Blizzard’s part.
According to Diablo 4’s 1.1.0c patch notes, which we’ve republished in full below, Blizzard has “updated the activation of the Premium Battle Pass with a confirmation pop-up.”
“The default focus (the button the controller will first highlight) on the Battle Pass screen is now the Season Journey button,” they add.
The patch, which is available for all platforms, also resolves an issue where movement on some controllers was not working correctly, among other fixes.
Diablo 4 1.1.0c patch notes
- Fixed an issue where several Focus off-hand items could only have an aspect imprinted on them once.
- Fixed an issue where combining the Dark Dance and Punishing Speed Malignant Powers could cause the player to stun themselves.
- Fixed an issue where the Grim Reward Season Journey objective could be repeated by dropping and picking up the same stash.
- Fixed an issue where the Werebear and Werewolf fur color was too bright in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where movement on specific controllers was often not functioning correctly.
- Updated the activation of the Premium Battle Pass with a confirmation pop-up.
- The default focus (the button the controller will first highlight) on the Battle Pass screen is now the Season Journey button.
- Fixed multiple instances where players were encountering crashes.
- Further stability improvements.
- Fixed an interaction with the Agitated Winds Malignant Heart power which led to automatic Cyclone Armor casts to ignore its own cooldown.
- Acquiring or re-allocating Seasonal Blessings will now clear the vendor buyback inventory.