The update also tweaks rewards earned in AI battle mode and increases the currency rewards for ranked matches, among other features.
The full patch notes were posted on Reddit and are republished below.
NetherRealm detailed the update last week in response to community feedback criticising the difficulty of the fighting title and the grind required to earn in-game currencies.
It also said it’s working on separate game updates for the PC and Switch versions of the title and announced that players on all platforms would receive a mixture of primary and premium in-game currency as a “thank you gift”.
This time-limited offer is now available on PS4 until 8am CST/6am PST/2pm UK on Monday May 6. The “community gift” will roll out on other platforms alongside their respective updates.
VGC’s Mortal Kombat 11 review said the title’s “close to being the best all-round fighting game package, but falls just short due to an aggressive need for currency grinding to unlock content”.
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
- Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
- Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
- Move list and frame data corrections
- Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
- Tweaks to online match-making
- AI adjustments
- Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
- Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
- Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
- Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
- Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
- Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
- Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
- Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
- Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
- Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
- Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
Towers of Time Adjustments
- Adjusted AI difficulty curve
- Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
- Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
- Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
- Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
- Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
- Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
- Increased post fight Koin rewards
- Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
- Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
- Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
- Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
- Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
- Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
- Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
- Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
- Improved targeting for several Konsumables
- Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
- Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
- Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
- Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players