The new Modern Warfare patch, version 1.08, includes more backend fixes designed to stop crashes and improve stability on all modes and platforms.
It also makes further adjustments to footsteps so that there are different sounds for crouch walking, walking, jogging and sprinting, which should enable players to creep around more stealthily.
The patch fixes a bug which was stopping the riot shield from taking explosive damage in certain situations and also reduces the range of the 725 shotgun.
It tunes spawning on the Piccadilly map in Team Deathmatch and Domination too, while the B Flag in the latter mode is now located near the busses rather than the fountain.
Modern Warfare update 1.08 patch notes
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
Activision recently confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s first Battle Pass will launch in December.
It also said that in its first week, Modern Warfare sales grew a high-teen percentage compared to 2018’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, “with strong console growth and PC units on Battle.net reaching new highs”.