Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.
The game’s first seasonal update will introduce a host of new content across the game’s three online pillars – multiplayer, Zombies and Warzone.
It will launch across all platforms on December 6 at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT / 6pm CET.
Among other features, Modern Warfare 3 Season 1 will include:
- Three brand-new 6v6 multiplayer maps
- Gunfight, All or Nothing, Infected and Headquarters multiplayer modes
- New weapons and Killstreaks
- A new Zombies story act and Dark Aether Rifts
- The launch of new Warzone map Urzikstan
- A new Battle Pass with 100 Tiers of content
- Festive and themed maps and events
- The launch of competitive multiplayer mode Ranked Play
The Season 1 launch trailer, which shows off some of the new maps and Zombies features in action, is viewable above.
The Season 1 roadmap is also viewable below, and further details on all of the new content can be found on the Call of Duty blog.
Activision recently claimed that Modern Warfare 3 had seen record engagement levels during its launch window.
“Thank you for a historic launch,” it said. “Just two weeks in, MWIII has already set records with the highest engagement in the new Modern Warfare Trilogy!”
According to the publisher, the game has seen “more hours per player overall” than 2019’s Modern Warfare and last year’s Modern Warfare 2.
What’s probably more telling than the game’s engagement stats is what hasn’t been announced – sales figures and revenue generated.
While there isn’t much publicly available Modern Warfare 3 sales data yet, physical sales during its launch week in the UK were down 25% compared to its predecessor’s.