Last week the game received a version 1.19.70 update which added improvements to the emote system as well as other tweaks and bug fixes.
However, it also caused a serious issue for Switch owners, who were starting to find that they weren’t able to play the game after downloading the update.
Specifically, players reported that they were getting stuck on the game’s loading screen, which was getting as far as 66% then staying there permanently.
The new version 1.19.71 patch appears to have fixed this issue, meaning Switch players can finally continue playing the game again.
The full list of patch notes is as follows:
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to get stuck at 66% when loading at launch
- Fixed a crash that could occur at launch on iOS
- Fixed player names not appearing through the environment and behind walls
- Fixed a bug that caused the text on Signs not to be displayed with ray tracing enabled on PC
- Fixed an issue where players would load incorrect data when loading a local game after connecting to a server or Realm
- Players are now prompted with the option to enable text-to-speech, if supported, on first startup
4J Studios, the Scottish developer best known for the Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox versions of Minecraft, announced in October that it will be moving into publishing and focusing on releasing games made by other Scottish developers.
The studio’s first published game, Skye Tales by Dundee-based studio Puny Astronaut, will be released later this year.