Japan’s premier fighting game developers will hold a joint live event, Japan Fighting Game Publishers Roundtable, on Saturday, August 1.
Representatives from domestic fighting game creators will appear at the event, including Ark System Works, SNK, Capcom, Koei Tecmo and Bandai Namco, to share news and discuss the fighting game industry and esports.
The event will be streamed live from 9am JST (10pm on the 31st EDT / 1am BST) on the official YouTube channels for Tekken, Capcom fighters, Dead or Alive and Arc System Works, according to Japanese publication 4Gamer.
The following individuals will appear on the stream:
- Daisuke Ishiwatari (General Director of Guilty Gear series)
- Kazutoshi Sekine (Guilty Gear Battle Director)
- Ryo Nishitani (Producer of Fighting EX Layer)
- Yasuyuki Oda (SNK producer)
- Nobuyuki Kuroki (SNK Director)
- Shohei Matsumoto (Producer of Street Fighter V)
- Takayuki Nakayama (Street Fighter V director)
- Yohei Shinbori (Producer of Dead or Alive 6)
- Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken series chief producer)
- Motohiro Okubo (Producer of Soul Calibur 6)
Capcom recently announced it would release the fifth Season of content for Street Fighter V.
In an announcement published in late May, the publisher said that it would add five new fighters and three new stages to the game.
Last year Tekken series lead Katsuhiro Harada questioned whether there was a place in the market for the long-awaited Tekken X Street Fighter given the continued success of the most recent series entries, Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V.