As part of a wider Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0 reveal on Wednesday, publisher Activision confirmed that both games will be coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC via Battle.net and Steam.
Activision also revealed two editions of the game. On consoles the Cross-Gen Bundle is priced at $69.99/£69.99 and the Vault Edition costs $99.99/£99.99.
Both come with last and current-gen versions of the game as well as early beta access when pre-ordered.
On PC, the standard edition of the game is available for $69.99/£59.99 and the Vault Edition costs $99.99/£84.99.
It remains to be seen whether cheaper separate PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game will be released either physically or digitally, but VGC has contacted Activision to ask if that will be the case.
UPDATE: An Activision spokesperson has confirmed to VGC that PS4 and Xbox One versions of Modern Warfare 2 won’t be available standalone.
Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition
- Day One Operators: On Day One, Vault Edition owners will receive four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit. All of them are themed around the legendary mercenary Ghost, custom-made to get the job done.
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault: Great teams need the right tools for the toughest missions, and the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault provides just that. We plan to share more details on the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault and the new Gunsmith closer to Modern Warfare II’s launch, so be on the lookout for more intel.
- Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips: Following the launch of Modern Warfare II, Vault Edition holders will receive the Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips (or its equivalent) for free.
- Ghost Legacy Pack: Get the Ghost Legacy Pack featuring 20+ items for immediate use in Modern Warfare (2019) and Warzone. This pack contains a collection of previously released Modern Warfare Bundle content crafted to celebrate the Task Force 141 icon, including 12 Ghost Operator Skins and 10 Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprints.
- Double XP: Pre-order from the in-game Franchise Store in Warzone, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, or Modern Warfare (2019), and receive 10 hours of Double XP Tokens and 10 hours of Double Weapon XP Tokens for use in Modern Warfare II. Hit the ground running on launch day.
Earlier today, a leaked Modern Warfare 2 advert revealed that PS4 and PS5 players will receive first access to the game’s open beta.
“Available on PlayStation at least 5 days earlier than any other platform,” it said.